Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Gots a New Cover


Behold, the new cover to my debut novel by the preternaturally talented William Kenney.  Pretty spiffy, eh?  Gothic, but not too Gothic.  I especially love the one crow cawing in the background.  It's like he's saying: "Come look at what this kid is drawing!"  Either that or there's an unfinished sandwich on the ground and he's warning all his crow friends to keep their distance.

I adore crows.  They're beautiful in their simplicity.  No unneeded colors, just a deep shiny black, just like the garbage bags they're so fond of ripping apart on the side of the road.  I know I'm in the minority when it comes to my fondness for the little assholes; most people find them annoying, but they give the city some badly needed personality.  Without crows all we'd be left with are seagulls and pigeons, and my god, how depressing would that be?

Getting back to the cover, I can't thank  Mr. Kenney enough for putting it together.  The old one just wasn't doing a very good job drawing people in.  I feel much more positive about this one.  Now hopefully it will lead to a few more sales on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment